Thursday, November 04, 2010

How to Embarrass Your Offspring on Foreign Exchange

"No way! You actually have the shirt!" he said.

My good friend David is in South Africa for six months.

He's a visiting professor at a university in Johannesburg.

Recently, he was startled and surprised when an American student walked into his office wearing the shirt.

"What do you mean?" the unassuming student from Indiana asked.

After a bit of back and forth, David realized that the student didn't have a clue about what he was wearing.

It was the The Mountain Three Wolf Moon t-shirt.

(If you aren't familiar with The Mountain Three Wolf Moon t-shirt, then I *highly* recommend you take a break and read the Amazon customer reviews for this product.)

[Seriously. Go read them now.]

David showed the Amazon reviews to the poor, unassuming student from Indiana.

After reading many reviews, the student said,

"Oh, man! I'm SO embarrassed! My mom sent me that shirt."

This had me howling.

[Like three wolves with a moon.]

Do you think his mom knew about it?

I totally hope so.

17 comments:

Introverster said...

I love learning new things each day, haha. Thanks for the laugh.

KL Crab said...

I had no idea that the reviews were so incredibly helpful. I must buy very boring stuff.

Mary G said...

I wish I thought she did because that would make it even funnier, but old ladies don't get it, as we all know.

meno said...

Ha ha haha! Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

The Amazon reviews cracked me up! That poor student. So funny.

-Holly

Earth Girl said...

Oh my, you just helped me with my Christmas list for my twin 21-year-old sons. It would be better if I could find one well-used at Goodwill.

Life in Eden said...

This so made my morning! Hysterical. I too think I'll need to buy this for someone. Where do you learn about this stuff?! Awesome.

JoeinVegas said...

And the video too - wow. Did you get one for hubby?

Lora said...

I have a friend (now dead) who had that shirt and wore it EVERYWHERE. he was a wiccan and a tarot card and runes reader and had a son who was into D&D. He was SO. THAT. GUY.

I wish he had lived long enough to see the sensation that shirt caused!

Jenifer said...

I have just sent the link to a friend...I hope she sees the humour in it!

Anonymous said...

lovely to see you blogging again, you write so well and always make me smile or ponder

John Ross said...

I think I have seen this illustration rendered as a faux bronze somewhere. Wherever that was, I'm not sure if I hope I see it again, or hope I don't.

Gray Matter said...

I totally learned something new today, so thank you for that! Now, I have a poster to "accidentally rip" in my 10-yr. old son's room. Seriously, he bought it at his book fair. No, worse. Apparently I paid for it.

Kristine said...

Awesomeness on a shirt! I have to believe the mother knew.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I've got my holiday gifts all picked out, now! (and my word verification was mitings... ha, ha, ha!)
Shannon from McBlog - except I don't write anything anymore....

toddlerplanet said...

Yowsers!

And here I thought *everyone* had read about that shirt by now....

Eric Graham said...

Seriously!

You made laughed so hard. What a review. Thanks for sharing the humor.