Monday, May 25, 2009

Proposition

Peter sidled up beside me while I sat on the curb.

I was watching my children burn off the last of their jet fuel on the playground.

"Want to have dinner with me?" Peter asked.
I looked straight into his large, very blue eyes.

I noticed that his lips were as full as Angelina Jolie's.

Peter took another step towards me.

"I have macaroni and Arthur," he said with confidence.
A grin spread across my face.

How could I resist a proposition like this?

"It's bug shaped macaroni!" Peter said, leaning in close to my ear.
"I'd love to eat with you," I said smiling.
Peter, my daughter's three year old classmate, beamed.

19 comments:

Scout's Honor said...

Peter has excellent taste in women. How forward of him.

heh!

Hold out for spaghetti and meatballs. You're worth it. :)

flutter said...

I would SO be all over that

Fran Loosen said...

Cougar.

Vodka Mom said...

okay, the cougar line CRACKED ME UP.


hee hee

WILLIAM said...

Mrs Robinson.

Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children said...

I love this, you cougar, you.

Raur.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

How could one refuse an offer like that?

liliannattel said...

Awwww, sweet.

Heather said...

awww, that is SO cute!

Sanjeev Saikia said...

Great stuff 'joyous' indeed... I've voted for you!!

Do visit my blog www.sanjeevsaikiaart.blogspot.com and see if you want to vote for it in the Best Hobby Blog category. Thanks, Sanjeev.

Please paste this URL on our address bar to vote for me: http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/75786

nikki said...

Peter is one smooth talker. I couldn't resist either. In fact I think that's how my husband picked me up the first time.

Kim said...

Cute.

Bug shaped macaroni?

How could you resist?

Deb said...

"lips as big as Angelina Jolie...."

You are a whole lot of awesome.

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

I love when you share moments like this.

Moobs said...

I am in awe - it took me 19 years to ask a woman out to dinner.

Kyla said...

That is entirely too adorable.

Jenn said...

I'd have dinner with him, just to keep him away from my daughter. :)

Go Mamma Go!

Color Printing said...

Awww such a sweet scene. This is a very cute blog. Its a heart warming story.

Biography books said...

awesome, love this. wwwww...