Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Goodbye Old Paint

“I added a few things to your grocery list,” K said just before I left for the market.
“I need you to get two bags of kitty litter, the cheapest you can find.”

I looked at him, slightly puzzled.

We don’t have a cat.

“I need a proper place to pee in the backyard and I’m going to use the litter to set it up,” he said.
I stared at the calm, sincere face of my husband for a long ten seconds wondering about his sanity before his face betrayed him with a grin.
“I had you!” he laughed.
I brushed him off and headed for the door.
“Don’t forget the kitty litter!” he called after me.

Looking down, I realized kitty litter had actually been added to my list.

I looked at him quizzically.

“Paint,” he said still laughing, “I need it to get rid of old paint.”

14 comments:

The Sour Kraut said...

I always find funny things added to my grocery / to do lists. It's one of The Swede's ongoing jokes and still makes me laugh.

Kris said...

That's funny--and I never thought about Kitty Litter for disposing of old paint...

Noelle said...

hmmm....seems my oh-so-hilarious husband (or so he thinks :) is living a double life. Mine likes to pull stuff like that on me all the time. It took 15 years of knowing him to finally detect that subtle crinkle in his lips as the fib escapes them.

Great post!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

That's hilarious - and so like something my own husband would do. I have learned to just not ask when those oddball things land on my shopping list.

Crazy Computer Dad said...

:-) Must be some kind of male trait. I do that sort of thing all the time. I'm sure my son hates it by now.

MYSUESTORIES said...

I give. How do you get rid of old paint with kitty litter?

matt said...

you might see if there's a local gov organization that'll take it - I know our dumps have a separate area for paint, which they re-mix and homogenize and then sell for cheap at a little outlet out in the industrial district...

Merrily Down the Stream said...

I think he should pee in the back yard from here on out.

furiousBall said...

you could mix the kitty litter into the paint for a textured effect...

Kim said...

For a minute I was like...."Is this what they do in the city?...."

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Now THAT is funny! I like your husband's sense of humour. Although it would probably drive me crazy pretty quickly!! I know, I married someone like that, and some days...

JoeinVegas said...

But, what would Tonto say? Is he going to shove it down that poor horse's throat or is there another avenue?

Mom of Three said...

hahahah, amazing!

Postcard Mailing said...

hilarious! so did you get the kitty litter? and don't men always find something else to use a certain thing for? ;) at least they do it with a sense of humor though hahaha. thanks!