Saturday, April 04, 2009

Mist Yoow

I was gone for two days on a planning retreat with my colleagues.

This morning, both of my children woke me up by climbing in next to me, offering snuggles.

The Mayor wiggled himself into the curve of me.

"You are my lovies!" I told them.
"I'm going to love you until we both explode into a million pieces," The Mayor told me.
I laughed and said,
"Then we are going to have a great day!"
The Mayor was still and thoughtful for a moment.
"The part when we explode into pieces won't be that great," he said.
I laughed again and gave him a squeeze.
"The part where we burst into flames right before we explode probably won't be so great either."




17 comments:

liliannattel said...

Sweet.

Heather Durdil said...

I love those early letters where everything is spelled phonetically.

mythoughtsonthat said...

Great spelling for a little kid!

matt said...

awww I love the crayon note.

Laura said...

Awesomely-great!

Marty said...

That is so cute! Especially the nuns on the bus ;)

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Such sweetness.

Shannon said...

Wow! There is no doubt that kid is brilliant - and quite an artist, too!

somewhereinthesuburbs said...

That exploding part is a bit of a downer! Such a cute picture, and he really is quite advanced for his age on spelling and writing. And, yes, that's my professional opinion. :)

flutter said...

I mist yoow two.

romelover said...

from a sort of lurker who never had her own kids...

frame this...even if you never put it up, save it for the days when he's 14 or 24 and says something that makes you want to disown him. this part of him will win out.
(never had my own kids, but spend way more than i need to time with other peoples' kids.)
your family is fun.
(and word verification is enspre--because you "enspre" so many families!

Mary G said...

Bless the child. That's beautiful. And so are you.

verygoodyear said...

That is just adorrrable! I love your blog :)

zandor said...

That's so sweet.

Stacey said...

He's a bright little peanut.

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

that is soooooo adorable.

And PS I am typing this from your airport right now.

Stacy (mama-om) said...

Aw!

I love the part when he comments that exploding won't be so great.

And the note! Priceless.