Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kitchen Uses for French Philosophy

Tonight, as K washed the dishes and I packed tomorrow's lunches, we sang The Michel Foucault Song.

The Michel Foucault Song came with K.

[Sort of a packaged deal.]

For as long as I have known him, this song has been K's special serenade to week nights.

Tonight, we taught the song to our children.

And, to the tune of For He's a Jolly Good Fellow, it goes a little something like this...

"I'm reproducing my labor, I'm reproducing my labor, I'm reproducing my LAAAAYYYYBOOOOR... so I can sell it to The Man."
Now that my children know The Michel Foucault Song, perhaps they will grow up to be like him...

Perhaps they will examine the relationships between power, knowledge and discourse.

[And maybe, like Michel, they will also like leetle kittehz.]

8 comments:

Marmite Breath said...

That does sound like a good song, but I must say, for my money, I like Foux de Fa Fa. It goes well with dish washing and lunch making.

Janet said...

No fair! We don't have a lunch-packing-dish-washing song.

You know what else the Man likes? Leetle Kittehz.

liliannattel said...

That's pretty funny.

SUEB0B said...

Speaking of philosophy songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQycQ8DABvc

Backpacking Dad said...

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant, but not as sloshed as Schlegel.

Magpie said...

Now I know why I love you.

foop said...

I so adore you.

Funny videos said...

That does sound like a good song