Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dissin' One Quarter Fat

After an impossibly long week, a friend suggested a dinner out.

Amazingly, we were able to find a babysitter and so did the other two couples.

I think all of us were relieved to be out, to be social, to be doing something besides working.

[Working, working, working... Everyone I know who has a job is working harder than ever.]

One of the husbands told the rest of us that he'd recently joined a gym.

"I was embarrassed by my body mass index evaluation," he confessed.
The other husband (besides mine) asked what the report said.

"It said I was a quarter fat!" husband #1 told him.

"Wow!" husband #2 said, smiling. "You must be really, really soft!"

"Thanks," husband #1 said, sarcastically.

"You should probably make friends with some seals," husband #2 said. "They'd meet you and say, HEY! YOU'RE OUR KIND OF PEOPLE!"

Then, changing his marine focus slightly, husband #2 spent the rest of the evening referring to husband #1 as Flipper.
"Can you pass the salt, Flipper?"

10 comments:

Mac and Cheese said...

Uhmmmm...I'm one quarter fat. Throw me a raw fish.

Overflowing Brain said...

Heh, a friend of mine just did a similar evaluation and was also found to be 25% body fat. Since then we've taken to calling him "quarter pounder."

Yes, we're horrible.

verygoodyear said...

All I can think upon reading this is how women could not make this joke with one another!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'd have to hang out with Flipper too, but I still giggled.

Mary Moore said...

I think I might be 2 Flippers.

ms. changes pants while driving said...

nothing like a night of good-natured ribbing :D

MonsteRawr said...

I can't help but think that were I in Husband #2's position, I would laugh hysterically...and then stab him in the face. At least Flipper is more endearing than Fat Ass or Wide Load.

kittenpie said...

But Flipper is not a seal...

MetroDad said...

Too funny. I used to hate the fact that the nicknames you got as a kid tended to stick with you in adulthood.

Lately, I've been discovering that there's a second round. Somehow, when you reach the age of 40, everything is fair game and you get new nicknames that will most likely stick with you for the rest of your life.

While at dinner a few months ago, a friend's wife drunkenly revealed that her husband had his genitals waxed.

Ever since, we've been referring to him as "The Dolphin."

How much you want to bet that nickname sticks with him forever? Bwahahaha!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

That is brutal!