Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's All In The Cards

On Sunday mornings, K and his friend David go bike riding for exercise.


A few Sundays ago I wracked my brain for an activity I could do with the children while he was gone that didn't involve changing out of my pajamas.

Being the always ahead of schedule, freakishly organized type, I decided we should make Valentine's Day cards for their classmates.

[I may not be Betty Crocker, but I can cut and paste you under the table, PTA Lady!]

The Mayor spent two hours making a single card for his best friend.

The Rooster produced a solid handful and advised me on how they should be addressed.

Knowing she didn't have enough for her whole class, I suggested that some of mine could be addressed to her friends.
"Do you want to give this one to Hallie?" I asked.
I held the card out for The Rooster's inspection.

She looked at it carefully and then at me.
"I don't think she would like your cards, Mommy," she said.

"How come?" I asked.

"Yours are too weird."
Ah, well.
Have a weird Valentine's Day!


8 comments:

Sayre said...

I love that! I wish my son were willing to make his own cards. He's joined the pre-packaged bandwagon with avengence. Probably because I didn't start early enough with him. Good for you!

PS - word verification is "arties"

mo.stoneskin said...

Well that sounds like very sensible advice, sending weird valentines cards has to be a bad move right??

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I love it. I've been called weird a time or two myself. :)

Travis Erwin said...

Happy Valentines Day to you as well. Weird or otherwise.

Barbara said...

Weirdly loving your valentine!

Celeste said...

Silly kids

Vodka Mom said...

weird is the new pink. Pink is the new black. And BLACK is where it's at.


something like that.

Karen said...

I think she's right.