Thursday, January 01, 2009

Midnight In The House of Joy

I don't know what time it was when we went to bed last night, I only know it wasn't anywhere near midnight.

We got all situated under the covers and then K jumped out of bed and rummaged around on his bureau.

He returned to bed with a travel alarm clock and began to fiddle with the settings.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said.

He set the clock for 11:59.

"Look!" he said pointing at the clock and smiling.
When the time read 12:00, K shouted.


"Happy New Year!"

He gave me an enormous, celebratory kiss.

"Hurrah!" I cheered.
And then... we snored loudly.




Wishing you the happiest New Year.
xo,
OTJ

12 comments:

Ree said...

I love it! ;-)

Jennifer said...

What a sweetie.
Happy new year.
Best wishes for your boy.

JCK said...

Happy New Year, Jessica! We actually made it to midnight last night. First time in years...

matt said...

clever! I'm looking forward to continuing to read your posts in 09.

Vodka Mom said...

he's a keeper.

furiousBall said...

i partied like a rock star too on NYE, laying on my couch, coding on my laptop. awesome

JoeinVegas said...

Sounds about the same as our celebration, but without the alarm part.

Gretchen said...

Whoo Hoo!

We went to the neighbors and stayed up to celebrate - kids did too.

After watching the ball drop and hearing Auld Lang Syne, we sang Happy Birthday to my oldest.

Then went home and straight to bed.

The good thing about it was the kids slept until 10 am!

Happy New Year!

Penny said...

Sweet! Happy New Year!!

Amanda said...

Happy new year, friend.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy New Year Jess and the Crew Of Joy. :)

Deb on the Rocks said...

He's adorable!