Thursday, October 30, 2008

It Is Really Good

"Loving you is really, really good," she said.

[I tried to ignore the fact that she was sitting on the potty creating THE MOTHER OF ALL TODDLER POOPS during this conversation.]

"I like loving you too, Roo.  It's one of my favorite things to do."

"Tell me about when you cried when I came out of your tummy," she said.

"Well, when you were in my tummy, I didn't know if you were a boy or a girl.  When you finally came out, they laid you on my chest and they told me you were a girl.  I was so happy that I cried and cried."

[We no longer have to go over and over the fact that sometimes people cry when they're happy and not just when they're sad.]

The Rooster beamed at my description. She likes hearing that I was happy to see her when she arrived.

"And when I was a baby, did you love me so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so..."

[The "so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so's" went on for a LONG time.]

"...so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much?"

"I did love you so much, and every day since then I've loved you a little bit more."

"I like loving you and Dada the best, Mama.  It's really, really... it's just really good."

"I think so too, Roo.  Every day."

21 comments:

Biddy said...

can i clone your children? please? pretty please??

this is just the most precious thing ever!

flutter said...

awww.

John Ross said...

ok, your kids are just way sweetly articulate of thought and human ... connections.

Ok, THAT was a terribly insuficient attempt to convey what i'm trying to.

You did Very good there. Again. best I can pull up right now.

ewe are here said...

What an absolute sweetie.

Sayre said...

The perfect conversation. I get to have those with ZBoy sometimes too. When we're not talking about storm troopers...

Rockzee said...

I so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so love this little story.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

mmmmmm, delicious

Friday we are so on!

Patience said...

Lovin' feelings while poopin'!!

3carnations said...

That's sweet! :)

Bon said...

sniff. brings new meaning to "potty talk." :)

(In)Sanity Gal said...

okay, you are not helping with my 28-year old self's excessively loud biological clock!

i need some posts about how you never sleep and there's peanut butter everywhere and you just hurt your foot stepping on a toy firetruck or something.

not these kids are the cutest things ever posts. i'm not going to be able to take it anymore. :)

Patois said...

"Potty talk" takes on a whole new meaning here.

Maureen said...

Aw.... so cute.

Although the setting could have been better that the toilet.

Another story to embarass her with when she's a teen... ;)

Scout's Honor said...

ohhhh...then they turn into twelve year olds that mercilessly tease their siblings, pelt the walls with crayons "because they are bored," and don't want to be seen in public with you.

Oh, and you are "retarded."

Nice.

Suck up all that sweetness now. There's a drought a-coming and it's called pre-teen. :)

jen said...

Then did you have to excuse yourself to cry a little?
Ugh. What a precious Angel.
My son loves to look at pics of when I was pregnant for him. When he was about three he would look at his baby book all the time and ask if I would tell him the story "of when I was borned". The first time I told him the story of when he was in my tummy he said, "did you ATE me??!!"
Now? At nine? I can't even watch him change his clothes, let alone stand in there while he's poopin'. And, Lord, I really wouldn't want to!!

Vodka Mom said...

i love that conversation. I love it even more knowing that she was taking a **** all the while. sigh.

R said...

awwwwwww... can I take her home?

nikisma said...

this makes all the other crap worthwhile. got to remember stuff like this when she's yelling to get out of a time-out. "if you don't get me out of here you're a stupid head!" niki's exact words.

thatgirlblogs said...

... and then they go to middle school and everything changes except the part about the poop.

Little Nut Tree said...

awww bless her x

fantasy football rings said...

This is just sweet. I hope my children in the future will be as sweet too.