Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Here All Week, Folks...

This post is dedicated to my friend William and to my Dad.  
[Because they both say crap like this all the time.]

I was at my Granny &  Ady’s house this weekend for a homecoming thing at their church.

This morning, I was making scrambled eggs and my Mean, Old Aunt Nancy was making toast.

Granny’s toaster can do four slices of toast at a time -- one lever controls two toast slots and the other two slots are controlled by another lever.

I heard my Aunt fiddling and fussing with the toaster.

She started to mumble to herself.

“Damn it,” she swore.  “This side ejects the toast. Why won’t the other side eject it?”

“Hmmm…sounds like an ejectile dysfunction,” I said.


[Insert rim shot sound here.]

Next week... The Poconos!



18 comments:

Marmite Breath said...

My Dad would SO love that comment. He would just be jealous that he didn't think of it. :)

flutter said...

tip your waitress....

Karen said...

I love it! You would fit in around my family for sure.

Kristin said...

I have a child like you... Master of the Corny Joke!

Love it!

Theresa said...

Funny!

Stop by my blog to pick up an award I gave you.

WILLIAM said...

..(tap tap tap) Is this thing on?

Thanks for the dedication and your dad must be awesome.

And that was a damn fine joke.

Although when you put soft bread into a toaster it does come out hard.

Ba dum dum.

ewe are here said...

*snort*

furiousBall said...

Poconos? As in PA? I skied there a lot as a younger fella (that owned ski stuff)

Ben and Bennie said...

You made me laugh and then I saw flutters comment - 2 for 1.

Kyla said...

That is SO funny!

Magpie said...

How did Mean Aunt Nancy like your joke?

Vodka Mom said...

that was DAMN good. you're hired.

Amanda said...

I'll take the veal.

that girl (shelly) said...

I always wanted to go to the Poconos. Til now...

that girl (shelly) said...

I always wanted to go to the Poconos. Til now...

Denguy said...

You had toast for Thanksgiving dinner?

BOSSY said...

Snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

Wendy said...

Do you do bar mitzvahs too?

Actually, I taught the Kid early on to say "thank you thank you I'm here all week." Which she does.