jen did this post called seven windows of my soul.
It inspired me.
Although... this one goes to eleven.
[In no particular order.]
Windows to My Soul
1. Sitting on my grandparent's back porch and seeing the tree line on the horizon beyond the pasture.
2. Flying and feeling weightless high above the Zambezi river and Victoria Falls over Zambia & Zimbabwe. Seeing a 360 degree rainbow, a full circle.
3. The stare of a young Rajastani woman's kohl lined eyes through my dusty bus window in the Indian desert.
4. Watching the night sky from the Wat in Doi Mae Salong, Thailand as it filled with streaks of light from a Leonid meteor shower.
5. My frozen memory of my grandmother’s face at the very last moment of her life.
6. Alone, swimming into the sunset at Kendwa Beach in Zanzibar.
7. Walking with lions on the veld in Gweru, Zimbabwe.
8. Visiting the grave of Stephen Biko.
9. Watching the twin tower's fall.
10. My first look at the faces of my children.
11. Holding hands with my love on an autumn walk in Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River, New York.
jen didn't offer an explanation about how "windows of my soul" should be interpreted.
I think that's what prompted me to write on the topic.
What does it conjure for you?
You are welcome to join in this writing prompt. Simply add the links below to the bottom of your post and let me know to add yours to the list!
jen with seven windows of my soul
Jessica with Eleven Windows
Tracy from Tiny Mantras
Defiant Muse from Musings...
LSM with Windows
Magpie with windows
Katy with windows
Mary with seven windows of my soul
BA with come to my windows
Slouchy with there are places I remember
Ivy Brown's Stoop