Monday, October 02, 2006

No Real Joeys

He is a liar, a bold-face lyin' liar face.

As we were getting ready to go to the Zoo yesterday morning, (yeah, yeah, so it was Sunday morning Church of the Zoo) The Mayor came to us and said,

"There are no real joeys at the Zoo. Only paint[ed] joeys."

K and I talked to him about the kangaroos at our Zoo and assured him that they are real.


"No. They're not real. They're paint." He was adamant. He was certain.

We disagreed.

The Mayor let the subject alone...for the moment.

There was the faintest of secret smiles behind his insistence. I know he didn't really think the kangaroos were painted. He just wanted to see if he could persuade us on the point.

About an hour later when we pulled into the Zoo parking lot The Mayor said,
"So, there's gonna be a Zoo Keeper in there. He's gonna talk to us. He's gonna say, THERE'S NO REAL JOEYS IN THE ZOO!"
He kept up a very convincing serious face. Even when we were standing in front of the kangaroos and we pointed out their realness, The Mayor said, "No. They're painted."

He lied with such an innocent face. It was so innocent that should he ever accept that he was wrong he would be able to look a camera and 200 million Americans in the eye and say, "I really believed that I spoke the truth when I commented about the joeys. I apologize to the American people. My advisors misinformed me."

He is going to make a great politician someday...depending on what your definition of "is" is.

Don't you miss the big lug?

1995

Just call me Monica.

16 comments:

urban-urchin said...

*snort*
You've got quite a character on your hands.

Momish said...

What a riot. Those damn advisors, always steering you in the wrong way! He's too adorable!

slackermommy said...

I'll vote for him just like I did Clinton.

Christina_the_wench said...

Owen has my vote. Clinton never will.

carmachu said...

New politicain your raising there. Good job. He's got the crying down like Clinton too from Daycare.

Of course, I might have to move you to the creepy files....because if your monica, and he's a liar like CLinton....I'm not sure where your going or I'm going to like it.

Domestic Chicky said...

Creative little guy, isn't he?

A few years ago, at the height of the scandal, I had to endure a group of japanese tourists in Las Vegas who insisted I was Monica, and just HAD to have their picture taken with me, despite my insistence that I wasn't.

Waya said...

He's a great entertainer Owen! I can imagine the conversations going on in your house. Must be like a sitcom, something I'd watch, or CSPAN...then you lost me there.

Plain Jane Mom said...

Don't forget to take your blue dress to the cleaner this time!

Blog Antagonist said...

LOL! Diminutive One has that ability as well. You have to seriously weigh everything he says. Husband and I have always said that he will end up President of the United States, or a Mob Boss. I'm afraid to speculate which it will be.

He sounds like quite a character!

Fran said...

Oh sister, you've got trouble on your hands! But, what would one expect?

Yes, I miss Bill. Terribly.

Heather said...

Too funny. By the way, thanks for the blogwarming gift. Too kind.

Jenny said...

HA! You make a fabulous Monica.

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

great picture. and yes i do think he is.

I love me some bill. even though he broke my heart. wah!

Lisa

Sayre said...

I miss Bill too. Georgie doesn't quite cut it for me.

Aw man, Owen's got politician written all over him. Or maybe televangelist...

irene said...

heehee!!

Kevin Charnas said...

Yes, I do miss him...as should the rest of the "civilized" world.

And I'll vote for Owen anytime.