Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mature Cats Know All the Tricks

The other day I was reading the "kitten" post on iObsess where a guest writer talked about the "kitten years" -- a time in a woman's twenties when she's just as cute as a box full of kittens and can simply walk into a room and watch the men lap milk out of her hands.

While I appreciated the Kitten post and the account of kittenhood in general, I'm just not willing to accept that the best, sexiest years of a woman's life are from 18-28 or that women become invisible and unattractive after the kitten years are over.

A lot of women I know just keep getting hotter and hotter as they approach forty. They have always been good looking, but now they are YOWZA!

While none of my hot mama friends are spending any time trying to turn the heads of young men in bars, I can't help but imagine that there ARE young boys heads that DO turn when they see my hot mama friends. You know, on the way to Gymboree or whatever.

Think about it.

A twenty-somthing year old boy young man sees one of my hotty, hot mama girlfriends and he KNOWS that she could teach him everything he needs to know if she would only deign to play teacher.

He also knows that it is just not EVER going to happen... which makes the whole idea even more interesting to him.

But who cares about that young, fumbling fellow?

What is 1,000 times better than turning the head of some young man is turning the head of THE ONE.

I love watching as my girlfriends' husbands follow their hot wives out of the room with their eyes. It makes me smile.

They are no longer wee kittens, it's true. They have grown into mature cats, and have given birth to kittens of their own. However, the only men that really matter are lapping milk right out of their hands.

16 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

You are SO right. A man in love with someone besides that pretty young thing and who appreciates what he has is a thing of wonder.

carmachu said...

Your right. 20ish somethings are cute and all, but everytime I take sarah to ballet or gymnatsics, the older moms can turn heads much better than the kittens ever could....

Kristin said...

I look at as though we have all had our kittenhood, but quite frankly, other than the flat stomach, was nothing I would like to go back to... the 20s are sooooo emotional and dramatic.. and exhausting.

Besides, MILFs are the new kittens.

Deb said...

That is one of the greatest posts I have ever read. Sometimes I read you and you make me laugh, then there are times like these when you make me appreciate me and not yearn to be something I once was, but to embrace who I am.

Thank you for being that wise lady cat!

blessedmomx3 said...

Thank you for a great post! I needed that! My hubby caught me when I was barely even a kitten, and he's watched me turn into a mama cat. I am SO grateful he still sees that kitten in me!!!

Waya said...

This is a great post b/c before I even read this post, my hubbie was hovering over my head and giving me smooches, but I was reading blogs for crying out loud. He's the best, we met in college and got married at 28, and 3 kids after...he makes me feel like I'm a very hot mama in a roomful of kittens.

Btw Jessica, you're my hero. I addicted to tv, and can't imagine no cable. And the peacock channel is aka NBC.

Mommy off the Record said...

I'd like to think I'm one of those hotties getting better with age, but I'm not so sure. My problem is that I have no time to "keep myself up." But the nice thing is that my husband still notices me. And you're right, that's what matters most.

pendlerpiken said...

"MILFs are the new kittens"
Glad I have something to look forward to! :D

Sayre said...

Yes, ma'am! You hit the nail right on the head. I would NEVER want to be in my 20's again. I was so stupid! Sure, my body was great, but my head was a mess.

Now my head is great and my body is a mess. Luckily, it's easier to get my body back in good working order than my head, so I figure I'm ahead of the game.

Plus, I know a lot more. Just ask my husband! ;)

wendy boucher said...

Yes indeed! What a great post. I wouldn't go backwards for anything. In my forties I have a great husband, a career, more money, more confidence, a beautiful little girl, better skin and more fun than ever in the bedroom.

wordgirl said...

Such wisdom! Such perspective! It is true that we have so much more to offer...despite the extra...cellulite.

emma said...

I was a nutball full of neurosis while I was a kitten. I am happier now. If only I could have the firm thighs back. Long live the MILF!

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

boy do i agree with you!!! i am me now. i wasn't me then, just some sort of person in training. and i think finding yoursels if pretty f'ing sexy.

Lisa

Momish said...

You are so right. Even if my figure and skin aren't as fab as they were 20 years ago, I have more confidence in myself and that alone turns heads. Not only that, but as I get older and only care about my husband's attention, I never have that air of trying too hard regardless of what I wear or do. He is the only one that matters and other people sense that. You certainly have hit the nail on the head with this post!!! Thanks!

Kevin Charnas said...

RIGHT ON! Right.On.

urban-urchin said...

In my 20's I think I created situations and flung myself headlong into chaos in order to have the men in my life prove their love.

Now in my 30's I realize proof of love is a lot more subtle than being whisked out of harm's way.

And I agree MILF's are the new kittens.