Tuesday, September 12, 2006

For Grandma Seattle

So. We went to the great Pacific Northwest to visit Grandma Seattle.

Seattle

She showed The Mayor the city skyline from the park near her home.

Grandma shows Owen Seattle

He was realy impressed.

1,000 Brilliant Ideas

So he showed my friend Cindy.

Owen & Cindy

Cindy is my best friend from high school so she was really impressed
(even though she lives in Seattle).

Then The Mayor showed our friend Vicki.
Vicki also lives in Seattle.

Vicki

But she looks pretty impressed too.

Finally, The Mayor showed me.

Jessica, Owen & Grandma Seattle

I am his mother, so I'm all WOW!!


The Mayor made Grandma laugh.

Hilarious Grandboy

And he made her smile.

Grandma Seattle

And then he RODE HER HARD!

Where Are the Stirrups On This Grandma?

So she took us all down to Pike's Place Market where The Mayor rode the pig for luck.

On the Pike Pig with Jessica

He rode it for such a long time that I fell over, exhausted from supporting him.
Grandma stepped in and took over.

On the Pike Pig

With a newly found love of local statuary, The Mayor visited the troll under the Freemont bridge.

NEAR

He contemplated the deep, hidden thoughts of trolls and pondered the question,
"Who's that trip trapping over my bridge?"

GQ

He made Grandma Seattle laugh some more.

Grandma Seattle Laughs!

We stayed out late. We said goodnight.

Jessica & Owen

We flew away home.

Owen

But we sure do miss Grandma Seattle!

17 comments:

Natsthename said...

Such great shots! (I wonder if your mom's back hurts now!!) You are both beautiful ladies, and Owen's absolutely adorable!

Sayre said...

Yup. Seeing the sights, smiling, laughing, and being rode hard are some of the best things in life!

Jennifer said...

I hope you ate a Top Pot donut while you were here... If not, you are dead to me! DEAD TO ME!

(I am kidding about the "dead to me" thing. You are not dead to me! But I am very disappointed.)

Mommy off the Record said...

Wow, your mom is beautiful. I can see your resemblance! Cute pictures.

Pendullum said...

What a fantastic way to start my day....
I loved this photo essay...
It made me smile on a cold dreary, rainy fall day...there was a bit of 'son' in Seattle.

carmachu said...

Great pictures, looks like you had real fun there. Grandma looks very happy.

Waya said...

That was great! Thanks for taking me to Seattle through the pix as well. Owen is so cute!!

Deb said...

Owen is beautiful. It looks like you brought your mom some smiles that she needed, I hope she isn't too sad since you have left.

Moobs said...

I woudl love to leave a comment but I'm sared by how much like my mother-in-law your mum looks.

liberalbanana said...

What a great looking family you are! I love your mom's hair - and those baby blues on Owen...so cute!

Kristin said...

How fabulous is Grandma Seattle?!

I love the "just the 2 of us trip"... gives me ideas.

Diana said...

Owen has gorgeous eyes, I may have fallen in love...
The city pics are beautiful, those Seattle folks sure are lucky to have such a nice skyline.
Awesome...

Plain Jane Mom said...

Sweet photos -- looks like you had a great trip!

Kevin Charnas said...

Ohh...Jessica, such great pics!!! And...um...you're hhaawwwttt...do you know that you're hot? seriously.
And I really liked your boobs in that one pic. They look awesome.

And, I'm still sending good thoughts to your Mom.

slackermommy said...

Beautiful boy, beautiful mommy and damn your mom is HOT! You got good genes girl!

mothergoosemouse said...

The picture of Grandma throwing her head back in laughter is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful moment you captured!

And when we finally make our way to Portland to visit the in-laws, we will make a trip to Seattle. I've got to see that troll. And the skyline too. Maybe Owen will be there and can make a proper introduction.

Fran said...

SNIFFLE. Holy WAH, that makes me homesick!

Jennifer, Top Pot was responsible for at least 20# of my pregnancy weight the first time around...but you really, really must try the Mighty O donut. Something to behold.

Jess, you are looking FANTASTIC, mama!