Thursday, June 08, 2006

Down. The. Drain.

THE WHOLE WEEK IS SHOT. Rooster Girl is still suffering from the stomach flu, which means that she can't go to daycare again tomorrow. Tomorrow is FRIDAY. She has been out sick ALL WEEK. It gives me renewed appreciation for single parent's - how do they do it? How do they (or any of us) just up and take an unexpeced week off? I have client deadlines looming over my head and I'm doing my best to work at night, but admittedly, the P.M. focus is a bit off after a long day of ring and cup stacking.

2 comments:

Kevin Charnas said...

i hope that you have a restful weekend...
i'm surprised that you didn't try plugging yourself up with what those rings go on...

floosen said...

I'm reading a great new book called "the Motherhood Manifesto" that talks about what single parents do in times like these...and the consequences. It's scary. My love to you my friend!

Fran.